Sunday, August 3, 2008

RIDING COWBOY!!!!






So this summer, Zane started horseback riding lessons out here in QueenTucky. He was so excited, and THEN, the day of the lesson he says "I DO NOT want to ride a horse" I thought oh great, another point of miscommunication, then he says

"I WANT TO RIDE A BULL!" Ok, good, I thought to myself, we are still in the same "Order" of animal. I explained that you have to ride a horse before you ride a bull, then he says, "Well, I want to ride a cow with horns then, I do not want to ride a horse" I then explained horse lessons come first, then other animals can come later. We went to the lesson, and he loved riding "CHEWY." Zane gets the horse ready, cleans, brush, saddle, and is now learning to turn the horse on his own. SOOOOO, later that sameday, we went to the library and he saw a "BRONCO Riding book" and says, Look mom, I want to ride this horse, you said I had to ride a horse first!!!" WHY No Matter what you say, it can always lead to sticky situations with these little smart kiddos.
Asa, as a matter of fact is DYING to ride the horse too. He throughly enjoys feeding the horses, chasing chickens, and picking up poop. It is bitter-sweet for him, he has fun but doesn't understand why he cannot get on Chewy, someday Asa.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is adorable! How fancy that your kid is in riding lessons! Yeah, kids can get the best of us!