Monday, October 5, 2009

The BEFORE and AFTER

I am finally posting some summer events (I am posting things so far behind because I actually want to try and do a blog book, in an effort to capture just the slightest glimpse of family history) It is a small effort, but better than nothing, just an easy way to organize photos, right?
SO, anyway, this is the "before and after" because the picture of Zane above is after is very first swim competition; he was so excited for his first meet and wanted to compete in them all (all on his own free will and choice) I love is smile, how happy he was because he accomplished something all on his own, confident and proud... thank goodness I have the picture to capture and remember this small moment in time.


His smile, just as big, anxiously waiting his ribbon, he is so thrilled.
But, the feeling is gone, this is the "AFTER" picture, when Zane realized that there were "places" and different colors represented what order you finished in. He was not thrilled at all with pink and blue and lost the light in his eye. This was a great teaching moment to remind Zane, no matter what place you got, as long as you try your best, we are proud of you, and he should be proud of himself, just like in the "BEFORE" picture! Zane has since competed in all of the meets, did his best, and proudly displays his pink and blue ribbons in his room, I am proud of him!!!
PS, Zane LOVES the backstroke because his hair is not a nuisance and stays out of his eyes, he refuses to wear a cap and refuses to cut his hair, so backstroke it is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: