For REAL For REAL
This little guy came early, just like his little older brother (he has 2 you know)
I was surprised and of course and scared to death! We had not finalized all the delivery details.
My water GUSHES with each baby. This little guy was almost 6 weeks early.
Its 3am, Its 3am (anyone remember that song?) Anyways, at 3 am, water broke, mom and dad are
out of town, so I call my handy dandy neighbors, who willing come over. Get to hospital at 4am, checked in, and told I will
deliver before 6am, what, so soon?
I had general anesthesia, a little concerned about how fast this was happening, I may have been hyperventalating.
So, at 6:05 I went in and supposedly at 6:15 little baby
DECK BAILEY WHITENER
was welcomed by his Daddy Scott
(this is what I have been told since I was not mentally present)
Daddy had to literally saw through the cord because it was the
LARGEST ambillical cord
they have ever seen.
On August 30, we welcomed baby Deck, with more hair than expected and darker than expected.
He was 5.13, but I argued that number for 2 hours coming out of anesthesia, he was really 5.10oz
I did not get to see my baby until about 3 hours later. It sure was SURREAL.
He came into our family in what seemed like a "blink of an eye"
I sure hope time stands still so we can enjoy him.
His big brothers sure LOVE him and want to eat him UP.
This little one needed hep breathing (whereas Asa, 7 weeks early, needed help eating) Do not be alarmed of the picture below, has is on the machine and recovered pretty quickly. He was in the NICU for a week, which is always a big help for me when recovering form C-section, and the NICU babies always come out on a great schedule.
This was the SECOND time we have been fortunate to spend time in the NICU with most of the SAME nurses from Asa. As soon as they saw Scott and heard the Name ASA, it was all too familar with them (it has to be scott's hair) It was so great to have the same nurses take care our our little baby and family again. NICU nurses have a special talent, we LOVE them.
Thanks for all our family and their help and support.
My mom says I am going to need a nanny (do you think she was offering the position to herself?)
Three BOYS,
Three have red hair of some sort,
Three all have blue eyes,
Three pretty much look like their Momma,
Three UNPREDICTABLE WHITENER BOYS;

2 comments:
You are so lucky! We will be out there this week. Any chance we will get to meet the little guy?
love the recap. you are the calmest NICU mom I've ever heard of. way to handle life Venessa! I'm so happy for you guys. three boys. ahhh.
Post a Comment